Doctors Accepting New Patients Questions and Answers
Are you looking for a doctor who accepts new patients? If so, then Renew Health in Katy, TX is the right place. For more information, please call us or request an appointment online.
Having doctor is important for the health and wellbeing of all people; they can address virtually any medical concern and help to prevent a long list of common diseases, such as high blood pressure and diabetes. Several studies have proven that people who have a physician have a longer life expectancy and fewer hospitalizations than those who do not.
How do I find a doctor who accepts new patients?
When looking for a doctor who accepts new patients, it is important to know where to look, whom to ask, and what questions to ask. When trying to find a new doctor, it is essential to ask friends and family for a reference, and to also receive referrals from healthcare workers, like nurses or doctors. This should provide a good base for whom to contact, with additional online resources available to aid in this discovery process. After a list has been created, it is time to call each office to talk with the doctor. In some cases, the office might be at maximum capacity and will not be able to accept new patients. This can be determined quickly and early in the conversation. Once a doctor who is accepting new patients is found, it is time to schedule a meet and greet. When meeting with the doctor, important considerations and questions to ask include:
- Do you accept my insurance?
- Where is the doctor’s office located? Is there parking?
- How long is the usual office visit?
- Is the doctor board-certified?
- Do they have experience treating your conditions?
What questions should a new patient ask the doctor?
When meeting with a new doctor, it is important to ask the right questions in order to see if you and the physician are the right fit and will work well together. Questions patients should ask include:
- Are you board certified? What is your specialty?
- Where did you go to medical school?
- How long have you been a physician?
- How do you approach the patient-physician relationship?
- How would you describe your communication style?
- Do you encourage patients to ask questions?
- Do you take the time to answer my questions in a way that I can easily understand before moving forward?
- In case of an emergency, am I able to call you directly?
- If I cannot get a hold of you, how does your office handle emergencies?
- After calling to schedule one, how long should I expect to wait for an appointment?
- Do you accept same-day appointments?
- When is your office open for appointments?
- If you are out of the office, whom should I expect to see instead?
- If I need to see a specialist, can you provide me with referrals and help me find the right person?
- Do you work with a certain hospital?
- Do you keep electronic medical records?
- Do you have any online resources?
- Do you have any experience treating my specific condition (hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, etc.)?
Can a doctor choose his patients?
The right of a doctor to refuse to care for a patient is actually quite broad; refusal involves objective issues that limit the ability of the doctor to treat the patient properly. It also includes purely subjective matters that negatively impact the smooth functioning of the therapeutic relationship, such as a conflict of interest. In the majority of cases, doctors do not choose their patients, their patients come to them and then a partnership is formed.
Is Renew Health accepting new patients?
Yes, Renew Health is currently accepting new patients. If you are looking for a new physician, call our office today to book a meet and greet! Our doctor is currently accepting new patients and would love to meet with you! Visit Renew Health Texas at 1850 Avenue D, Katy, TX 77493. We serve patients from Katy TX, Brookshire TX, Houston TX, Richmond TX, Fulshear TX, Sealy TX, Pattison TX, and Cypress TX. We look forward to serving you!