Chiropractic Treatment for Sciatica in Katy, TX
Chiropractic care is an effective natural treatment for sciatica pain. Contact Renew Health for relief from sciatica pain. Our specialists will treat you in a better way. We are conveniently located at 456 Park Grove Dr, Katy, TX 77450. For more information, please call us or book an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Chiropractic care is often recommended for sciatica, a condition characterized by severe pain in the lower back and buttocks that often radiates down into the legs and feet. While there are numerous causes of sciatica, the most common ones involve misalignment of the spine, which can result in nerve damage, inflammation, and the type of pain that is associated with sciatica. Chiropractic adjustment treatments are designed to realign the spine and reduce any pressure on the sciatic nerve by addressing the underlying causes of sciatica, rather than masking the symptoms.
Chiropractors can implement a number of different modalities for the treatment of sciatica, all of which are noninvasive and non-pharmacological. Chiropractic care is effective for a range of musculoskeletal injuries and ailments, including strains, sprains, pulls, and tears, and can also assist with many issues affecting the body’s nervous system, including compressed nerves, neuralgia, and neurological irregularities. Primarily, chiropractors specialize in resetting the spine into its proper musculoskeletal position, which is known as a chiropractic adjustment. When chiropractors perform an adjustment, it provides a range of health benefits, including reduced pain, improved posture, and better alignment. Because the body is deeply interconnected, when one area is treated, the benefit often extends to other regions. Many chiropractors also offer additional types of treatment for sciatica, such as massage therapy and physical rehabilitation therapy; both of these treatment methods are clinically proven to help reduce sciatica pain and improve function and mobility.
There are five main pressure points for sciatica, which can vary from person to person. They include:
• Acupressure Point GB-30 — Found deep under the gluteus maximus, medius, and minimus, this is, by far, the best sciatica pressure point.
• Acupressure Point GB-29 — Located in the depression of the midpoint between the anterosuperior iliac spine (ASIS) and the great trochanter, GB29 is a viable pressing factor point for sciatica.
• Acupressure Point GB-40 — On the outside of the foot, by the ankle and tendon, GB40 is another great sciatica pressure point for relieving pain.
• Acupressure Point BL-40 — Situated on the rear of the knee, BL40 is a sciatica pressure point that can help with radiating pain.
• Acupressure Point BL-62 — On the lateral side (outside) of the foot, below the tip of the outside ankle bone, BL62 is one of the most prominent pressure point massages for sciatica.
Chiropractic treatment offers an array of benefits for people with sciatica; the primary benefits include:
• Pain relief without side effects of medication
• Holistic and non-invasive
• No referral needed
• Do not cover-up sciatica pain
• Treats the root cause of sciatica
• More affordable than many other treatments
• Pain relief in a few visits
The number of chiropractic sessions needed for sciatica is different in each situation and depends upon several factors, such as:
• The severity of sciatica pain
• The cause of sciatica
• The chronicity of sciatica (its duration)
• The overall health of the patient
• The presence of any underlying conditions
• The lifestyle of the patient
Because there are so many factors involved, the number of chiropractic sessions can vary significantly. In most cases, patients receive the greatest benefit from 6 to 12 sessions over the span of two to four weeks. In more severe cases, patients often need one to six additional treatments every two to three weeks in order to achieve the best results. Chiropractic treatment focuses on a physical therapy approach for the relief of pain and improved mobility and has shown great promise in the treatment of sciatica.
Sciatica can be difficult to live with, and the professionals at Renew Health Texas are here to help. Call us today or book an appointment for chiropractic treatment for sciatica, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 456 Park Grove Drive, Katy, TX 77450. We serve patients from Katy TX, Brookshire TX, Houston TX, Richmond TX, Fulshear TX, Sealy TX, Pattison TX, and Cypress TX. We look forward to serving you! We look forward to serving you!