Back Braces Questions and Answers
If you are suffering from back pain, then visit Renew Health, Integrative Medicine Group in Katy, TX. Our kind and dedicated professionals are experienced providers of back braces to minimize your back pain. For more information call us or request an appointment online.
The back is the single largest structure in the human body that is referred to by one name. Although humans technically have a ‘front,’ it is not referred to as this, but rather as the abdomen, chest and pelvic region. The back, however, is a single bodily structure, often categorized into the upper, middle and lower back. Because the back makes up such a large surface, there are many areas within this region that can be subjected to pain, discomfort and deformities. In some cases, back-related conditions are treated with a back brace, which works to stabilize the structure and prevent it from shifting irregularly.
Why would I need a back brace?
Back braces are often prescribed to patients who are experiencing back pain and also in the treatment of back-related conditions, such as: ankylosing spondylitis, osteoporosis, muscle sprains, spinal cord injuries, scoliosis, fractures and spondylolisthesis. They can also help in post-operative recovery, which assists the back in support and posture so that it can heal properly without exacerbating preexisting pain. They are often not prescribed on their own, but in addition to other treatment options, such as physical therapy, chiropractic care, or other alternative therapies.
How does a back brace work?
A back brace works by immobilizing the back, including the spine and muscles, which prevents excess movements that can result in injury or pain. They also help ameliorate pain by supporting the back, which can provide a great amount of relief over time.
What are the benefits of back brace?
Back braces offer several benefits, including:
• Immobilization — Lack of movement can help prevent back pain, especially for those who had a previous back injury or spinal surgery. In certain situations, immobilization is crucial for the back to heal properly, which is made much easier with a back brace.
• Improves Posture — Bad posture can cause severe back pain, spinal weakness and can even result in deformities that increase the risk of injury.
• Prevents Back Pain — Back braces help align the spine and strengthen the back muscles by preventing unnecessary movements that further damage the back. Under the right conditions, the back can heal and back pain will decrease. By alleviating the stress placed on the spine, intervertebral disks and vertebrae, back braces result in a reduction of pain.
• Easy to Wear — Fortunately, back braces are easy to wear and can often be worn under clothes.
• Treats a Number of Back Conditions — Back braces can greatly help in the management of symptoms of a myriad of different back conditions, including: kyphosis; ankylosing spondylitis; osteoporosis; back muscle sprains; spinal cord injuries; scoliosis; spinal tumors; spinal fractures; whiplash; and spondylolisthesis.
• Holistic Treatment Option — Because of the addiction to pain relievers, many people who experience back pain seek holistic pain relief options. Back braces do not simply cover up the pain, they work by improving posture, supporting the back, and strengthening the muscles in the back. This helps take away a lot of stress, heals the back and spine, and also prevents pain altogether.
• Helps Strengthen the Core and Back — The core should be the area supporting the body, not the back. If people have a weak core, the support falls on their back, which can lead to pain and even injury.
At Renew Health Texas, we care about your back health. Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced providers of back braces and can help you alleviate pain and strengthen your back with these holistic treatment options. Visit our Katy, TX location at 1850 Avenue D or simply call us to book an appointment! We serve patients from Katy TX, Brookshire TX, Houston TX, Richmond TX, Fulshear TX, Sealy TX, Pattison TX, and Cypress TX. We look forward to serving you!